Preparing for Your MRI
MRI exams are typically simpler than most other imaging procedures, so they don’t require the same types of preparation that things such as CT scans and other imaging exams necessitate. However, it’s still a good idea to be prepared for your exam when you come in in order to ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible.
The following is a brief list of tips to help ensure that you are prepared for your MRI:
- Unless advised otherwise by your doctor, eat normally and take any medications you normally use.
- Metallic objects can disrupt an MRI exam, so avoid wearing clothing with metallic snaps, zippers, etc. In addition, if you have anything metallic in your body, let us know beforehand so that we can determine whether or not it may affect the exam.
- Exams typically last between 30 and 60 minutes, so be prepared to lie still during that time so that the image is as clear as possible.
- Arrive approximately 15 minutes early to your appointment. That way, you’ll have plenty of time to fill out any paperwork that may be necessary and talk to our staff about any questions you may have.
- Bring your insurance card.
Following these simple tips can help to ensure that you have a comfortable, relaxed experience for your MRI.
The Austin MRI professionals at Longhorn Imaging are committed to providing our clients with the best possible service available. Contact us at (512) 444-8900 today to schedule an appointment or learn more about what we can do for you.